The A-Z of how to teach great writing across the curriculum.
Your first chance to see the new ‘Closing The Writing Gap’ book in action. This is the must-see course companion to the final book of ‘The Gap’ trilogy by renowned writer, teacher and TES columnist, Alex Quigley.
Spend the day uncovering the science behind successful writing and its teaching. Create writers who are confident users of academic language, and who are able to tackle exam challenges, writing with precision, skill and grace under pressure.
Writing is difficult for too many pupils and it can have a significant impact on school success, as well as life beyond the school gates. Teachers can empower their pupils and help them all crack academic writing.
This is a course for teachers across the curriculum and at any stage of their career. Expect useable evidence and research synthesized into tools to embed in your classroom immediately. Be prepared to unleash the power of skilled academic writing to ensure school-wide success.
Cultivate a rich writing world of ‘disciplinary writing’
- Understand how academic writing styles are key for examination success.
- Develop all writing types, from note taking to narrative writing, along with ‘writing like an artist’, ‘writing like a geographer’, and much more.
- How to teach skilful sentence variation.
- Recognise the crucial differences in subject-specific writing.
What’s stopping your students from being outstanding writers?
- Essential writing knowledge and best practice for teachers and leaders at all key stages.
- Foresee common writing barriers, overcome them, and know what to do next.
- Exemplary exam style practice across different subjects.
- How to support struggling readers and writers.
Your role in developing strategic writers
- Excel at teaching writing explicitly and expertly.
- Build confidence in the teaching of writing and grammar.
- Recognise the integral role of academic writing in curriculum development.
- Embrace the academic demands of 'writing to learn' in the classroom.
- Understand the ‘science of writing’ and unlock the writing process for all.
Proven tools to close the writing gap in every classroom
- Researched techniques put into practice.
- Powerful planning approaches for making sustained changes in your school.
- Ready to go short- and long-term assessments.
- Easy-to-embed planning, editing, and sentence construction strategies.
- Classroom activities to boost reading comprehension.
Who should attend
Classroom teachers across all phases, middle leaders, literacy leaders and senior leadership teams, who want to ensure that every pupil can access the curriculum and write with confidence and skill. The course ensures that writing exemplification is linked to every subject and phase.
- 1 delegate place £269 + VAT (Live & Online)
- 1 delegate place £279 + VAT (Physical Venue)
LIVE & ONLINE (Hybrid) OPTION
If you are not able to join one of our in-peron masterclasses then join Alex virtually. We will be bringing together our physical and virtual delegates into one live collaborative experience. Teachology Education has teamed up with award-winning technology and software provider Glisser to combine live video and interactive slide sharing so you can fully engage in the virtual masterclass and receive the same content and training live.
Please note the timings for this course are 9.45am - 3.20pm (same as physical course)
The price is £269 + VAT per person.
Please note the price covers the license fee for one person. If you would like to invite other teachers please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can apply a discount for two or more attendees.