Techniques Researched. Evidenced. Proven.
- Essential knowledge and best practice for teachers and leaders at KS1, KS2, KS3, and KS4
- Why and how the ‘word poor’ struggle and the ‘word rich’ fly
- Understand the vital role of vocabulary to curriculum development and for all learning
- Using research well: what really works in your classroom
What Vocab To Teach And How To Teach It
- Meet requirements for increased rigour in reading, writing, SPaG, and memory at all phases
- Surpass the academic vocabulary demands of KS2 and GCSE assessments
- Understand the importance of academic vs. everyday words and cross-curricular words vs. subject-specific words
- Boost vital vocabulary knowledge, vocabulary breadth and depth, and a learner’s ability to connect words
- Ignite learners’ passions for academic talk and writing
- How do we identify and surmount hurdles for struggling readers?
- Make real and immense improvements to students’ achievements in literacy
Embed The Building Blocks Of A Word Rich Curriculum
- Promote vocabulary that’s relevant for developing disciplinary knowledge across the entire curriculum
- How to teach vocabulary explicitly to give learners access to a more demanding curriculum
- Explore how other schools are tackling the vocabulary gap through incredible projects
- Evaluate, plan, and assess your current impact and future practice
Tools To Close The Word Gap In Every Classroom
- Grounded in the best evidence for reading development and vocabulary acquisition
- Morphology, etymology, phonics, reading, and comprehension strategies
- Flexible frameworks to develop materials, activities, and assessments for all learners’ needs
Who should attend
Classroom teachers across all phases, and literacy leaders and senior leadership teams who want to slam shut the vocab gap. It also offers a powerful armoury of strategies for Maths teachers to to integrate into their practice.
The course has been designed for Key Stage 1 - 4.
- 1 delegate place £289*
- 2 delegate places £489* (Save £89)
* Plus VAT