Life-Long Benefits Of Outdoor Learning
- Aligns teaching with students’ increasing awareness of climate change and our role on earth.
- Real-life contexts and multi-sensory activities increase long-term memory.
- Boosts grit and resilience with the uncertainty, surprise and delight of the outdoors.
- Engages and enthuses learners to improve engagement and attainment.
- Facilitates creative and critical thinking around Maths.
- Go beyond testing: good character attributes are more important than exam scores in predicting mental health and life satisfaction in later life.
National Expectations To Surpass
- Realise the pivotal role that numeracy and outdoor learning play in the new Ofsted framework.
- Use outdoor Maths to raise floor standards and close attainment gaps.
- Embed outstanding Maths mastery in the great outdoors.
- Follow health & safety guidelines and reduce wider concerns. Plan for any eventuality.
Think Outside The Box
- Understand the entire Maths curriculum; number, money, measurement, shape, position, movement and data handling all outdoors.
- Time efficient cross-curricular approaches to reduce the pressure to cover everything.
- Lesson plans, whole-school tools and integration, resources, websites and assessments that work alongside Maths mastery.
- Use Maths journals to evidence conceptual understanding gained from outdoor sessions.
- Plant outdoor Maths in your routine.
Make Outdoor Maths Your Speciality
- Problem solving and whole-class tasks to take outside all year round.
- How to develop your school grounds through mathematical features.
- Use sticks, stones and playground markings to create challenges.
- Explore outdoor strategy games to investigate patterns.
- Open-ended projects suitable for all ages.
Who should attend
Open to Primary SMT, EY Foundation Stage, Heads of Learning Support, Maths Coordinators, Learning Support Assistants, Key Stage 1 & 2 Teachers.
- 1 delegate place £289*
- Additional delegates £259*
* Plus VAT