Beat Ever Increasing Demands
- New requirements for increased rigour in reading, writing, and memory at KS3 and GCSE
- What are the new hurdles in the new English curricula?
- Understand the core importance of effective curriculum design
Is Your Approach to GCSE Success Working?
- Does our assessment model actually improve learning? How does yours compare?
- Which students are reading, writing, and speaking better as a result?
- How do we best assess the impact of our changes in practice?
A Day Devoted to Knowledge and Skills
Essential knowledge and best practice for the new English GCSEs.
- Reading: engage all students to comprehend complex texts and make skilful inferences.
- Writing: how to boost written expression.
- Vocabulary: expand student vocabulary through discussion and high-level detail.
- Spelling: go beyond spelling tests and using the dictionary. Embed life-changing spelling tactics.
- Speaking: methods to enhance expression, performance skills, and oracy.
- Feedback: evidence-based approaches that transform students’ learning.
Embed the Building Blocks of Great English Teaching
A Masterclass of Evidence Based Teaching Tools.
- Develop students’ academic vocabulary and close the vocabulary gap.
- Widen access and enjoyment of more challenging texts.
- Train students to read and analyse great literary texts with fluency.
- Entrench techniques for outstanding essay writing and quick quotation recall.
- Equip students with the means to be successful writers: from essays to narrative writing.
- Gain expert guidance to apply these building blocks in your school today.
- GCSE English & English Literature Teachers
- Leaders of English