- Conquer Challenging Behaviour for Effective Learning
A down-to-earth session that provides you with the means to change the way you think about behaviour. Gain a range of practical, realistic, and simple strategies for immediate implementation with instant impact to deescalate inappropriate behaviour effectively, positively, and non-confrontationally. An eye-opening, interactive session delivered by a teacher for teachers. Suitable for those dedicated to delivering outstanding from Key Stages 1 to 4.Jarlath O'Brien, Headteacher, Carwarden House Community School and Independent Thinking Associate
- Questioning and Creativity for Brilliant Behaviour
- Unlock the power of questioning to support and challenge all pupils
- Adopt a blueprint of outstanding questioning that nurtures a culture of learning where good behaviour comes as standard
- Entrench tools to turn around your nightmare class using our own creativity. No more sleepless nights, wasted lessons, and strained voices
- Morning break
- What Is Good Behaviour? Debunking the Myths, Uncovering Some Truths…
Jim believes that school should be the place where you learn all you need to learn to succeed in life, whatever form that success may take. Most importantly, in his view, you have to learn discipline. For Jim, behaviour is the B-word and he forbids mention of it. Discipline, on the other hand, is neatly described not as something others do to you to get you to behave nor even as something you do to yourself, but rather as what you do for yourself.
What Jim advocates is a partnership between children and schools, whereby schools open up to teaching children everything they will need to prosper at and beyond school, no matter what career or life choices they make. In return, children will start to acquire and then implement the strategies and benefits that come with self-discipline on an on-going basis.
Jim has worked with some of the most challenging young people in the UK and, whether he`s working with experienced classroom practitioners, struggling supply teachers, students themselves or even the police, he delivers powerful, practical, common sense strategies that bring the best out of some of the most demanding and hard-to-reach young people.
Jim Roberson, The Discipline Coach and Independent Thinking Associate
- What's the Alternative? Inclusive Curriculum Partnerships
- Understand and support pupils' social and emotional needs to create a flexible curriculum that engages all.
- How can an alternative pathway be your school's greatest success? What values do you uphold to create that success?
- Gain honest and valuable feedback from your learners. Why should we never underestimate this valuable resource to shift hearts and minds within a school community?
- Afternoon break
- Whole-School Approach to Behaviour Leadership: Creating the Conditions for Engagement and Learning
- Raise behaviour awareness and self accountability for actions
- Examples of policies that invite co-operation and assertion not aggression, prevention and knee-jerk reaction
- De-escalation and mediation methods for success
- Make you and your staff an unbeatable stress-free role model
- How to repair and rebuild stressed staff
- Conference close